Top 10 Reasons to Build A Rain Garden:
Infiltration basin fills with roof runoff then drains.
- Reduces stream flooding and downstream erosion.
- Provides habitat for wildlife.
- Requires less maintenance, watering, fertilizers and pesticides than traditional gardens because of use of native and other locally adapted plants.
- Filters pollutants and reduces pollution in our waterways via native plant roots and healthy soil.
- Recharges groundwater by allowing water to filter into the ground rather than run along the surface into drains.
- Reduces the volume of water flowing to sewer treatment facilities.
- Transforms your property in an inexpensive and easy way.
- Saves money on landscape irrigation and lowers your water bill.
- Beautifies neighborhoods, models water conservation.